Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things I Love

I love these square dishes:When Jason and I combined households, we each had a lot of post-college hand-me-down crap. We decided to get new dishes, ones that matched and had enough for at least 4 whole people to eat at the same time! Very grown-up I know, it was a big moment. He really wanted square dishes, and we looked and looked and looked. We finally found these at Macy's, which is ridiculous because I would never think of buying dishes there. I don't even buy clothes there! But they were on sale and had a Buy 1 Get 1 Free deal (also strange for Macy's), so we went for it.

We got them in all four colors and they are awesome. The colors are fun and Mediterranean and they are already chipped everywhere and we broke a bowl, but I don't care. It makes me happy to serve food on them because they make everything appear a whole lot more pro and I feel like I'm on Top Chef. Don't you just want to eat this salad? And lest you think I'm starving my poor husband, this salad is to be followed by a leek and sausage tortilla wrap. Trust me, he'll love it. Anyways, my point is that even though we got really nice dishes for our wedding (which I have not actually unpacked yet....), I will always love these dishes. Mostly because they are the first thing Jason and I bought together, for our home and our future life. And he is really the thing I love the most. The vomiting may now commence.


TEASER: Are those new kitchen cabinets peeking out behind those dishes????

1 comment:

Mara Campbell said...

BARF!!!! I mean, that is really special and sentimental and I think you NEED to do a layout about it!!!!

I cannot wait to see all the photos of the updated kitchen. I saw them on my phone...but that's just not the same! I can't believe they are already in. You guys are just full of vim and vigor!!