Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fun with Annie & Steve


After the smashing success of Summerfest, we got to spend even more time with Annie & Steve. This does not happen often, so I was super excited!! We drove up north to camp at Humboldt Redwoods State Park. This was extra fun because Steve had just had shoulder surgery a few weeks beforehand. And yes, we really did need all this stuff, and more.....


Avenue of the Giants:


Sweet shady campsite:


We may or may not have taken all the leftover beer from Summerfest......


Nothing better than camping food:


And drinking out of squishy cups:


I love these two:


After a couple of days, we drove home along the coast, where someone who will not be named did some brutal carsickness-side-of-the-road puking. We also got to stop at a couple different beaches in Mendocino.

Annie discovered the Pacific Ocean is cold:


Jason & Steve did some serious kung-fu-fighting:


There were Bigfoot sightings:


And Shrek:


After a one-night detour in Ft. Bragg (which involved the very creepy Carnival-by-the-Sea and a lot of women's softball), we made a final stop at the Korbel winery for lunch & champagne tasting. Sweet!


This was the most time I've got to spend with Annie and Steve in a few years and we had a blast!! I miss them and wish we didn't live so far apart. Moving to Maine won't help, since I was informed that Minnesota is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country. So hurrah for good times and good memories!!!!!

2 comments:

Joni M said...

I love the Avenue of the Giants! It's one of my favorite places to camp! Great photos, Sarah!

Mara Campbell said...

Wow!! I looooove all the pics, Sarah. Looks like a fantastic trip. I love the Bigfoot sightings!!